Faculty of Metallurgy
Dean: Shamsidinov Shuhratjon Muminovich
Education: Khujand State University named after B. Gafurov
Academic degree: Candidate in Pedagogics
Foreign languages proficiency: Russian – fluent, English with a dictionary
Теl: +992 (92) 777 20 44
Working address: Main building, office 327
The Faculty of Metallurgy was created in accordance with the Charter of the Mining-metallurgical Institute of Tajikistan as part of the institute on 02.09.2008 by order No. 78-a “K”.
The faculty operates in accordance with the Charter of the Mining-metallurgical Institute of Tajikistan, regulatory legal acts in the field of higher education, the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Education”, the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Higher and Postgraduate Education”, the National Concept of Education, the Concept of Development of Professional Education. In the Republic of Tajikistan, there is a Model Regulation on Higher Education Institutions of the Republic of Tajikistan and other regulations in the field of higher education.
During its activity, the faculty is responsible for the implementation of a number of decrees of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, orders and decrees of the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, orders of the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies, orders of local self-government bodies and other official documents on its activities.
The faculty unites the activities of the following divisions and departments:
- Academic Council of the Faculty;
- Scientific and methodological council;
- Youth council;
- Women’s Council of the Faculty;
- Council of Labor Veterans;
- Department of metallurgy;
- Department of Transportation Organization;
- Department of State and Foreign Languages;
- Department of ecology
The faculty employs 37 employees, including 2 doctors of sciences, professors and 12 candidates of sciences, associate professors.
The faculty is headed by 5 people: the dean of the faculty – Shamsidinov Shuhratjon Muminovich, the deputy dean for the educational part – Goibov Alisher Yormakhmadovich, the deputy dean for science Mirsaidova Firuza Akramovna, advisers Usmonov Shermat Jumaboevich and Bakoev Behzod Bakoevich
The faculty trains specialists in the following specialties:
- 420101-0104 – Metallurgy of non-ferrous metals
- 520202- Jewelry equipment and technologies
- 330101-05 – Ecology of the environment
- 440101-01 – Transportation by road.
Material, technical and educational base of the faculty
The faculty has 21 classrooms, 5 laboratories (based on the Department of Metallurgy and Ecology), 1 computer class, consisting of 20 computers connected to a single electronic network of the Institute.
Innovative Development Program of the Faculty of Metallurgy
The program of innovative development of the metallurgical faculty for 2016-2020 is based on the achievements of the development experience of domestic and foreign technical and higher educational institutions. The program defines the goals, objectives, conditions and ways of implementing higher education in the field of engineering, science, educational process, international cooperation, prospects for the material and technical base of the institute until 2020. The main goal of the Program is to train competent personnel with higher engineering education.
The main activities carried out within the framework of the Program are:
- development of basic educational programs and implementation of technologies for organizing the educational process based on 12 CDIO standards, involving students in the process of research and production activities and the implementation of innovative programs in the educational, research and production environment;
- creation of a database and building on its basis a monitoring system: the needs of personnel in the industry and; applied and perspective program (courses, modules); projects; institutions and organizations – social partners; Researchers, specialist consultants and experts, implementation of educational projects and programs, independent external expertise;
- providing graduates of the faculty with high computer skills, professional level of modern technologies;
- Prompt implementation of Internet educational and communication technologies, provision of electronic educational materials, multimedia educational resources in all disciplines;
- the implementation of the transition to competence-based training, reflecting the development of the ability of engineers to work effectively in real conditions;
- introduction of technologies of virtual laboratories and technology of collective use of modern equipment;
- creation of educational and scientific laboratories “Metallurgical Processes” (together with TALCO, Tursunzada and a metallurgical plant in Istiklol);
- creation of modern laboratories “Aquaecology”, “Environmental audit”, “Automotive”, “Nanotechnology”;
- creation of laboratories for laser, plasma, ultrasonic, electrochemical technologies;
- integration of preschool education with special education in general education schools; cooperation of the faculty with general education and secondary vocational educational institutions;
- approbation and monitoring of the educational, scientific and innovative complex, which provides a comprehensive linkage and development of an innovative educational process based on cooperation between the industry and business partners in training market specialists.
FACULTY OF METALLURGY – THE WAY TO SUCCESS:
- because the training of engineers is carried out according to international standards!
- because the industrial practice to take place at the leading industry enterprises!
- because you can continue your studies at universities in Russia and Europe!
- because in the near future more than 7 metallurgical enterprises will start operating in the Sughd region, that is, you have a 100% chance of getting a permanent job!
- because the salary of a metallurgical engineer, environmental engineer and economist is from 2500 to 3000 somoni!